Brief Introduction to UPC
Located in the West Coast New Area of Qingdao, the ninth state-level New Area of China, China University of Petroleum (UPC) is a national key university directly affiliated to the Ministry of Education and a member of the “211 Project” and “985 innovation platform for preponderant discipline” universities.
To strengthen discipline construction and achieve the development goal of building a research-oriented university with petroleum disciplines of global prestige and multi-disciplinary coordination, UPC currently invites global talents for the following positions.
Dean for College of Information and Control Engineering, Dean for College of Computer and Communication Engineering, Dean for Research Institute of Marine Science and Engineering, Dean for Research Institute of Alternative Energy.
1. Dean for College of Information and Control Engineering: relevant disciplines of Control Science and Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
2. Dean for College of Computer and Communication Engineering: relevant disciplines of Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering.
3. Dean for Research Institute of Marine Science and Engineering: relevant disciplines of Marine Geology and Resources, Marine Environment and Engineering, Marine Information Technology, Marine Equipment and Protection.
4. Dean for Research Institute of Alternative Energy: relevant disciplines of Natural Gas Hydrate, Geothermal Energy, Biomass Energy, Fuel Cell and Alternative Energy Material.
1. Be familiar with the development pattern of higher education, skilled at management and coordination. Have innovative and strategic ideas for college development. Be capable of disciplinary sustainability and construction of the first class college. Priorities will be given to key management position holders of colleges, research institutes or laboratories with international and domestic fame.
2. Candidates should be professors or PHD supervisors from well-known universities or research institutes, keen in disciplinary orientation, and established with academic reputation and outstanding research achievements universally acknowledged in the specific academic field. Priorities will be given to members of national Talents Programs or leading winners of National Science and Technology Awards.
3. Be physically healthy, generally below 45 years old. Exceptions to members of national Talents Programs or leading winners of National Science and Technology Awards.
4. Full time. Domestic recruits should transfer their personnel files to UPC.
Term and Treatment
First term is 4 years. Successful applicants will be provided with competitive salaries and benefits in accordance with their academic performance and post responsibilities. Assistance to spouse job settlement. Details negotiable.
Applicants shall be selected through the procedures of qualification examination, interview, background check, and physical examination.
Deadline for Application and Backup Materials
1. Deadline for application as appropriate.
2. Applying through emails with the following Backup Materials:
1）A filled application form (attached)
2）A scanned copy of ID or passport; Scanned copies of original diplomas and degrees; Certificate of employments; Scanned copies of five original representative academic achievements.
Address：China University of Petroleum (East China)
Changjiang West Road, Huangdao District, Qingdao, Shandong 266580